Wednesday, May 1, 2013

CAPEA !!

Today was all about CAPEA !!

Weather was perfect - sunny with a light cool breeze, there was a Spanish Barbeque going on all through the day, beer and sangria were served from the moment we arrived at the destination until we departed, there was a DJ playing great music and the venue was surrounded by amazing green landscape. [All these photos will eventually be on Facebook].

We had three rounds of bull-fighting [baby bulls and cows and not the big ones, but for sake of convenience, I am going to refer to it as a bull anyways]. I went in during the second and third round and had a great time teasing the bull, getting near it and evading its attack. I used my shirt to wave at the bull.
It was fun. Something nobody should miss while in Spain and one of those things, you ought to do at least once in your lifetime :-)

Apart from this action, entire day was spent chit-chatting with friends from our intake and the previous intakes. I also took a couple of walks around the venue to take some pictures.

One such round proved to be an un-anticipated adventure, not so much for me, but for everyone else :-)

I saw a bunch of bulls/cows grazing in a faraway field and started walking towards the herd. I crossed the compound of our venue and then gradually reached near the herd. As soon as these 10-12 animals saw me coming, they moved forward towards me. After I moved further ahead, they kinda got close to each other and all of them started staring at me. At this moment I was around 30-40 meter away from the herd and was merrily taking pictures of them. Then I got greedy and just when I was going to take a step forward, I started hearing voices 'Prasad, Prasad'.

When I turned around many of my classmates were trying to call me and there was a man rushing towards the place I was standing. I decided to go back. This man turned out to be owner of the place and as soon as he reached near me, he started scolding me. Thanks to his little knowledge of English, he only kept saying 'You Crazy. You want to die' a lot of times.

Well, turns out that this herd which I was getting so cosy with, was of the fully trained bulls, who have spent their life-time learning to charge on humans and swing any human that gets closer to them.

People kept talking to me about this craziness throughout the day.

After all that fun, Bar of the Week [even though it was on terrace of a 5-star hotel] wasn't appealing anymore and I decided to stay at my place and edit the photos I took, rather than going to the BOTW :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment