Sunday, May 5, 2013

And the word is "Panic" !!

No, I didn't see the "Batman Begins" today. Title of this post portrays my own state of mind in the afternoon !!

Well, as per my grand plan, I woke up in the morning and opened my assignment. I read it for some time and then when I was about to start solving it, I suddenly realized I don't know what I am supposed to do here. Damn !!

I could not find a way to start my work, no matter how much I tried to concentrate and read the related chapters.

After spending almost two hours in vain, I decided to do something else and left the assignment to solve with my group.
I then decided to make myself feel better by repeating the exercise on Income statement and balance sheet which we had already discussed during class.

I went through all the process and got my final numbers ready and bang !! It hit me again !! The numbers were not matching !!

I spent almost half an hour trying to figure out what I am doing wrong and could not find out. Soon I realized that I have been taken over by Panic. I just decided to stay calm and not do anything for some time.

Of course, this did not stop me from expressing my feelings to my classmates and I proposed to form a study group for F.A. I have a couple of responses from people who want to join in and feel the need for studies, same as me.

After our work group met, I asked them what is needed to be done here. When they explained the first few steps, I already got started and completed most of the assignment on my own before our group work began. I felt much better after that :-)

I have now decided to stay back in school and do an hour of F.A. daily. I have dealt with greater complexities during my masters and I am not letting this subject take me for a ride. Its about time, I got my form back !!

No comments:

Post a Comment