Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Solitude in midst of a crowd ..

There are times, when no matter where you are, you just feel like wanting to leave everything behind and go home. Today was one such day - Being my birthday, I was missing being with my family and friends.

But then there are so many of them on facebook, so why miss them ? - you would argue, and yes, all of them cheered up my day by their greetings and well wishes - which is what took me through the day really. Thanks to everyone for that.

Anyways, after I entered the classroom today, a few of my new friends wished me, and then suddenly after an announcement by Marcello, the entire class started singing Happy Birthday .. I wasnt sure how to react and just smiled :-)

Classes today gave a heavy dose of knowledge - continuous sessions on strategy, accounting, decision making !! It was exhausting ...

After school, I had lunch with some of my classmates - a full course menu at Lah~

At home, most of my time was spent in responding to birthday wishes and in editing Lisbon photos. I wasn't in a mood to study anymore :-)

However, when I checked around with few people, it was evident that everybody else in my intake was busy studying tonight - as we had all squandered away our vacation last week, this week was going to be all about study.

Well, as no dinner/outing plan got materialized, I just got a pizza for myself and while eating it in my room began thinking about the year past and the year ahead.

Although I was part of a big crowd now, I had landed myself in to these moments of solitude and it was time to be with myself.

Last year, I lost some, I gained some. This next year is going to be full of surprises
 and challenges and I have got to be ready - well, it's my birthday, so I can't have any bigger reason to be optimistic about life than this - so YES, I am READY :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment