Wednesday, May 22, 2013

About Dogfighting or may be not :-)

The day started with a strategy case about dog-fighting in Europe that took place between two airlines. Well, as usual, when different tools and games were applied to the numbers of these airlines, a lot of insights surfaced.

Of course, when the class finally took a decision and found that the reality was exactly opposite this decision, we all became curious and dug further into why it is so. Another interesting class.

And I know I have said this so many times before, but the very fact that we were playing around with numbers for airlines margins and revenues and blah, just when we had also started to play with similar numbers, for a particular airline, for decision making yesterday, was so much fun.

Again, either somebody has been planning our sessions to be perfectly in sync or we are just too much lucky to have these happy coincidences :-)

After the end of classes today, our EM project group met and thanks to an initiative by Yehia, we put in a structure to our work and our team - discussing from what our common goals are, up until details like who will be responsible for what function, we wrote down everything.

Well, not a bad way to kick-start the team work and ensure that there are no dog-fights amongst us, although it is too late to even think about any such thing for my regular work-group :-)

But then of course, when it comes to my regular workgroup, we have never needed these guidelines anyways :-P

Day concluded early today and I had a good 3 hour siesta this evening, recovering all the backlog of the past few days. I am feeling so good now.

And the reason is not just the sleep, but also that I have enough time to cook something and have proper food today.

Well, there is this one other thing as well about today, something which I come to know by default, just by looking at the number of posts I have in this blog :-)

Today we complete 50 days here at IE, starting from the opening ceremony of 3rd April. WoW !!

Where did all this time go? I have got to read back on my blog and relive those memories :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment