Friday, April 19, 2013

The J effect

Today in the economy class, I got to know many new concepts - but the one which made its mark in my mind was the J effect.

To repeat the words of our professor, things go worse before they take a flight towards better times [graphical representation will look like a J].

I kept wondering, that is true in so many cases that we go through or observe around us.

Anyways, finally, the day for pitching was here. As it turned out, I was the first one to pitch. I had gone to IE in formal shirt and trousers today and just before the start of the Impact weekend, put the tie on.

Pitch went well - this was my first time to do anything like this. With help of my classmate Watanabe-san, I also took a video of the pitch, just to help me evaluate how I am doing and to find the areas of improvement.

Selection of top 5 was done by audience votes - either a like or a dislike, and as it turned out, my idea was not among the best voted ideas. No worries though, as my journey has only just begun and then there is the J effect as well :-)

Anyways, I was still interested to experience the impact weekend to its fullest, so I decided to join the club of other participants [without ideas], who had an option to contribute to any of the top-voted ideas.

There is one idea, by a guy, not from IE, but a sound engineer by profession, to create a mobile app for hearing impaired.

I joined in his team to work on the final business plan to be pitched on Sunday evening.

During the cocktail that followed our pitches, I received feedback from many about my idea and the pitch; Some suggested areas of improvement, some complimented me for the pitch; and a few of them also informed me that they would have loved to work on my idea during the weekend.
So, presenting the idea I had, before people, proved to be a good decision after all.

After enjoying the cocktail, when I came back to my place, I decided that anyways I have my handy-cam, so why not create a video of a simple chicken curry preparation. And, I did it. I am planning to use this video as a teaser to make people join-in the idea of teaching and learning recipes.

There hasn't been so much of a response for the FB post, but then today, no matter what it is about, I want to believe in the J effect !!

No comments:

Post a Comment