Friday, April 5, 2013

A Day of many Get-To-Knows ..

Well, there was this welcome cocktail for our class last night and while the official time was until 10 PM, it went on forever. Last I remember, there were 4 or 5 of us still enjoying and the next thing I know is I wake up in my bed with a hangover and I am late !! Damn !!
I had been knocked off and I don't remember a thing what happened during this period !! Hope, I didn't do anything that was too disgusting :-)

I got ready in record time today - within 15 minutes I was out of my bed and on the road. I had missed the introductory session from CMC and felt awful about it. When I reported about this to IMBA team, they said, don't worry - you can meet the CMC people in the "Get to know IE" fair in the evening and ask them what you missed; and for now there will be no consequences. hussshhh !!

So, there was a fair, and there were booths by all offices of IE and we could just walk over to them and ask our questions, doubts, everything. I did meet the CMC team and told them about me missing the session and they were really kind to explain me what I missed.

Next up was the mandatory 'Landing in Madrid' session, which was supposed to be for 45 minutes, but went on for almost 2.5 hours, thanks to many questions raised by us.
Well, most of the things that Muriel told us were already posted on student office portal and in fact, I had got my accommodation, my phone, my bank account - all of it even before arriving here - all thanks to the information on the portal. And, I had already submitted my documents for the NIE appointment, after consulting with student office in MM4. But Muriel added a few personal experiences and suggestions as well, which were good to know.

Moreover, even though I was free to leave after 45 minutes, I felt like staying back, just to appreciate the patience and compassion that was displayed by Muriel and acknowledge all the efforts that the student office had put to make our life easier in Madrid.

By the time this session ended, it was already the time for Bollywood theme party organized by the IE India Club and everyone was also talking about BOTW tomorrow night.

I am amazed with how people do this - a party every night for 3 days in a row?? I got to know the trick, or may be I just need to learn how to hold my liquor. A lesson learned well and learned early!! For today, all those curious about why I am not at the Bollywood party, I may have told you many things; but in reality there is just one reason people - My brain is still beating against my skull and it aches !!

No comments:

Post a Comment