Monday, April 29, 2013

The Cartels, and the resolve against Lethargy !!

Today in the managerial economics class, as we were studying different markets, the topic of collusive oligopoly came up. This is also termed as a Cartel.

Well, as son as the professor uttered this word 'Cartel', the first thing that popped up in my mind was the Drug Cartel, and when I tried not to think of it, my mind stumbled upon a scene from the movie God Father :-)
More our professor told about how cartels behave, more movie scenes from Bollywood and Hollywood kept popping in my mind. Thanks to this flow of thoughts and also the examples discussed in class, I think I am going to remember the concept pretty well :-)

When I returned, I spent a lot of time goofing around and when I realized, it was already 8 PM and I was hungry. I had my food and then when I was about to start my reading, I started to fill sleepy. Damn this Lethargy !! I have got to fix it and I have to fix it now !!

Well, I finally decided to sleep and set an alarm for 2 AM. I was going to do my reading then and sleep again after I was done. I was not going to class anymore without doing my reading.

So it was that I woke up at 2 AM and started to read for the Strategy Class. Interesting thing was that as I read about the case, it turned out to be about a cartel as well :-)
That kept me awake as I read carefully for next 2 hours or so.
Then was the reading for Entrepreneurial Management Class. As it was a generic article and not a case, I had expecting that I will finish reading it faster. When I actually opened the article, I realized it was 27 pages long !! Damn !! Now I know what my lethargy can cost me !!

By the time I finished all the reading and then writing this blog, it was already 6:15 in the morning. I think I will just lie down for some time, before getting ready for school !!

No comments:

Post a Comment