Tuesday, April 9, 2013

L.A.U.N.C.H.

Morning began with introduction to LAUNCH by Erik. And he did recap the events that took place last week. I knew that Marie had clicked a photo of me in a group, during the welcome cocktail, and guess what, it showed up during this recap :-)
Of course, I was sober then, so nothing to worry :-D

Next up was a basketball exercise at Club Canoe. This was the first time that I took the Metro in Madrid. So, another highlight of the day :-)

So, there was this Celebrated Spanish Basketball Player, now a Coach and a Scout, who made us do some team exercises on the basketball court. Some dribbling, some shooting, some passing the ball around while running, and it was all to be done as early as possible. He made us do it once, and then challenged us to do the same thing again in lesser time or to collect more points than before.

After we were all done, there was a debriefing by him on our take aways from the exercise.

That was the overall commentary about how the day went. And now about the things I loved :-)

Last time I dribbled on the Basketball court, I was in High school. So, a bit of nostalgia, a bit of feel-good factor that by being in this school, I could connect back to my childhood memories and a lotttt of exercise :-)

This whole drill taught us many lessons from how to make best use of resources and experts, how to plan and how to execute those plans, and also how to overcome our shortcomings with help and support of the team.

Again, it was Action learning - learning by doing and, learning by experiencing; even though the exercise involved seemed unconventional, I have fallen in love with this methodology. It teaches us in a way that the lessons are not just stored in our brain, but in every muscle of our body, because we have already implemented the lesson and it becomes part of our experience rather than just our learning.

And speaking of all those muscles, especially the ones which I never realized are present in my body, but are now aching even when I am home and lying on my bed, I know I would remember this learning for a long time :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment