Thursday, April 11, 2013

Follow the needs of people and the money will follow you

Had two long sessions today and both were wonderful.

Morning was spent in Decision making workshop and it was a great eye-opener for me. The concept of Opportunity Cost is now so clear to me, thanks to the 99:1 distribution proposal I made; I will always keep that aspect in mind while evaluating my options.

Devil's advocate was a new implementation for me.

I was also pretty impressed with all the technology and gazettes used for polling and the later self-assessment/group-assessment during this session.

What followed next was the Revolutionize Your Space Workshop. I had seen videos of this for the previous year, but still was not sure of what to expect. Teachers from Architecture department had come over to conduct this one and by the end of it, I must say, I was impressed.

The workshop started with the theme of thinking something to address the needs of people and developing it, promoting it and by the time we were all done, we had at least four groups with ideas with huge potential to be profitable ventures.

"Follow the needs of people and the money will follow you" - Point well received, I must say.

What also impressed me, were the comments and constructive feedback by Prof Churtichaga and by both the professors with him - they were spontaneous, they were creative, they were witty and they were funny. Not to mention, all the different videos created by all the teams including ours - they were all brilliant :-D

Another day when action learning steals the show !!

p.s. Amid all these happening activities, time just went by and when it was all over, it was like everyone was waiting for someone to say - "I need a Beer". Soon, a gang was formed and we all headed for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment