Thursday, March 27, 2014

And its a Wrap-up :-)

With six sessions scheduled today for International Business Strategy and Design, it was the longest class in my IE history.

Today, in the morning, we had our group presentations - Well, company my group selected was airbnb, and we suggested a few improvements to the current strategy of the company :-)

Next it was time for the two cases of the day - the Ron Santa Maria case, where we saw how the owner is helping the surrounding gang members to rehabilitate and have jobs, and then the Starbucks case about the whole Starbucks experience.

Prof Jaime Alonso also gave us our final exam and questions that we are needed to answer in our groups.

As the session concluded, I couldn't stop thinking about how much I enjoyed this Seminar from Prof Jaime Alonso. I think the expectation that I had set, based on hearing him at the IE Social Responsibility Forum for five odd minutes, were exceeded for sure.

Not to mention, I can clearly see myself using many of those adjectives and adverbs that Prof Jaime Alonso used so many times in his seminar to describe a situation, or a personality or just to create that humor or sarcasm in the story  - examples? "Improvable", "Entrepreneurial activity", "Intellectually bored", "Intellectually insulting" and so many such phrases, which I am sure that everyone in this class will remember for sure :-)

Going for another photography freelancing tonight - at opening of one of the start-ups. Should be fun :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment