Saturday, March 22, 2014

A Day of Initiatives turned Crazy

Well, in the morning I came to MM31 for some case practice and then at around 1 PM went back home to get ready for Retiro. Today, as part of talentree.net initiative, I was going to conduct the first ever photography training session - DSLR basic photography session.

Reached Retiro at 2:55 PM, and then waited for students to join until 3:!5 PM. By this time, 4 of them showed up - so decided to get started. While there were a few folks moving around Retiro with flags, when I was explaining the concepts to everyone in the session, at around 3:45 PM, we started hearing a lot of sounds - of people, firecrackers and drums. When we looked around, there was a huge crowd of protestors passing by. We could not resist our curiosity and went near the Retiro compound to see what it is all about, talk with the people and take their pictures. Came to know that they have gathered from all around the Spain, and some from outside Spain as well, to protest against the recent tax increase. It was a really big crowd, at least 100,000 people I would say, or even more.

After a while, we came near the Retiro lake to practice what I had explained and while we were busy with this, a guy started dressing himself in a ladies swim wear and then without any notice jumped in the lake. Damn !! What a crazy day - he lost his breath half-way and his friends then called a nearby boat for help, jumped into it, and went to the guy to get him out of water.

By this time, some more friends joined us at Retiro and we then spent some time roaming around in Retiro and finally headed towards Sol. Met a lot more protestors and too many cops on the way. It was a sort of crazy adventure.

Spent some time at a nice restaurant near Gran Via while my friends went shopping, and later had a nice Indian dinner at Sagar with all my friends.

What can I say - it was a day when I wanted to proudly state about how I took the initiative to teach photography, as it turns out - I was more excited abut all the crazy things happening around :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment