Saturday, September 21, 2013

Time to sell yourself :-)

Finally, I kept my phone aside, shut down facebook and sat down for around five hours to get my resume right and prepare cover letters for a couple of jobs, which had their deadline for today and tomorrow.

If you are wondering why would I take five hours for this, well - to start with, I have applied for a job only once in my life before. My first job was a campus selection, and my last job change was more than three years ago. Add to it, there was a MBA angle missing in the resume. Add to it, I had to make a resume that fits in one page and tells it all. As Mark Twain had once said, "If I have more time, I would write shorter letters". You get the gist, right?

When I had showed my earlier version to my study group last week, they literally ripped it off with comments and corrections. So, it was that I revamped my resume today. Focus for this revamp was simple "make it a document that will sell yourself".

And with the first application that I posted some time back, the sales season is now officially open :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment