Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Impressed !! Seriously Impressed !!

Well, what can I say !! Yesterday when I read the Marriott case for Investment Analysis last night, I got lost. I wasn't sure of the whats and howz.

Anyways, today when Luis S. started his class, he put a disclaimer that its going to be a lot of numbers today, so there is a chance that those who don't pay attention may start feeling dizzy after a while !!

And then began a marathon of calculations from tax rates, debt-to-capital ratios, beta, cost of equity, wacc, hshhh !! Class extended for 10 minutes after it was over, but the extent of things that Luis taught us today, and the way he explained the meaning and significance of each number; the merits and demerits associated with each of these numbers and the limitations of finance to arrive at a more accurate wacc; I must say I am seriously impressed with his knowledge and teaching skills.

Its time now for some homework to practice the whole thing all over again. And yes, just in case the teaching in class had not impressed me and the others enough, Luis concluded his class saying, If you find you are stuck at any point of time, when you are trying this at home, just go to the documents section and I have posted a video of me teaching all of this. So, you can watch me teaching this over and over again, until you understand it all. What can I say, other than WoW !!

No comments:

Post a Comment