Monday, September 16, 2013

Crunching numbers on a Monday morning !!

Well, a class of managerial accounting on cost-volume-profit analysis followed by a marketing case to find capacity bottleneck, both of them on a Monday morning, meant a lot of numbers were needed to be crunched.

Of course, as I had done the preparations yesterday, so already had my answers, so although I did not need to do anything in the class, I was following through the calculations anyways.

We had a session briefing us about the Venture Lab and the Knowledge Incubator today. That suddenly made me realize the approaching deadline for finalizing my electives.

As people around have been saying 'Electives are the real MBA, Core is just something to make you ready for it", "Be sure you take the right course with right professor as this selection will define your future career", "This is the time when you recover most of the fees spent for an MBA, learning from Industry experts, and this is where the school spends most of its money, so go for it", "Venture Lab plus electives is totally possible" ... Aaargh !!

The importance of this electives selection cannot be denied, but it has been so much talked about, that I have a feeling that everyone around me must be taking so much pressure, just for selection of the sessions!!

I need to start working on my own selections pretty soon !!

No comments:

Post a Comment