Thursday, December 5, 2013

Longest exam so far: now a history :-)

Well, today was yet another interesting day at IE :-)

While, I started the day thinking that most of my time during classes would go thinking about the Business Government Society that I need to write from 4 PM onwards, the case discussion on welfare state in Sweden, during the country economics class proved me wrong. It was an interesting model of economics that Sweden followed as a complete welfare state, and is following after it made some changes to it. Patricia also discussed prospects of this model - being replicated in future in the EU and in US, the timeline it would need and so on. All in all, the final day of country economics class turned out to be yet another interesting day :-)

And then, finally at 3:55 PM, we received a mail from Jeff providing us the exam case and the question that we had to answer. We had time until 10 PM; yes - that's 6 hours. While I spent first hour and a half to read the case, and then another hour to think about what it is all about, when I finally began writing I kept getting more and more thoughts.

I had already booked a quiet room for myself to be able to concentrate on the case better. As I went on writing, I never realized that it is already 9:25 PM, by the time I was done :-)
Gave another read to the analysis, made a few cosmetic changes and mailed the exam back at around 9:45 PM. I have taken long exams before, but this has been the longest so far.
Yet, I didn't feel exhausted after writing it, as the case was interesting enough to keep me occupied with my thought process for a good 4.5 hours, after I had read it. I liked this aspect of the exam - it was challenging, but not to the extent that it would lose me mid-way :-D

Anyways, after that Operations Management exam case that Amrou shocked us with, in the last term, I think any case based exam would never be too bad :-)

And now, it's time to relax for the day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment