Sunday, December 29, 2013

A park of many sorts :)

Well, the plan today was to spend the entire say at a water park some 150 kms away from my home town, and so we went there.

While I enjoyed the whole day with my family, what also impressed me about this park in a place called Akluj was that they had an amusement park, a children's play zone, a boating lake and add to it occasional sculptures and statues of traditional Marathi folks doing their daily chores like milling, pottery, gardening, praying, etc.

I think it's a nice place to take children and for adults to go, not only for all the adrenaline rush it has to offer, with all the fun at water tanks and all the games in the amusement park, but also for the fulfilling experience it offers. The thing about this place that I liked most, and this is something I have not seen in any amusement park so far, is that they had a special room for senior citizens to rest.

Yepp, I know there are shades and resting areas in many parks, but this one was specially meant for those grand-dads and grand-mas who accompany the children of house but eventually need to rest for a while.

Found a great place for dinner on our way back, by accident, and had a sumptuous meal, only to return home for a good night's sleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment