Thursday, July 4, 2013

Gimme a break !!

I know that the phrase in subject line can have two meanings and today I mean it both ways.

Imagine this: Group meeting for finalizing C.i.A. presentation from 9:30 AM to 11:15 AM; C.i.A. presentations from 11:15 AM to 12:45 PM; Entrepreneurial Management group meeting from 1 PM to 3:15 PM; C.i.A. feedback session between 3:15 PM to 3:45 PM; Meeting with Alvaro from 4 PM to 5:15 PM; meeting with previous term work group for Strategy report discussion from 5:30 PM to 9 PM !!

Today, there was no class, but today was the day when I did not get a single half hour break, so as to have proper food from morning 9:15 AM when I started from my home until evening 9:15 PM when I reached back in a cab. After half the day was past, my mind was almost craving for a break.

One other thing happened today. Even while I was in meeting with my previous term work group, I got my group grades. These are not something which get factored in to my MBA grade, but are a feedback from my work group [who was surrounding me while I got it on campus online].

I saw through all the numbers for me and then compared it with group average. Frankly, I was disappointed at what I got and somewhere deep inside, I was hurt. On one hand, I was not happy with my numbers, and on the other hand, the thought that by giving 5's to all freely, I am the one responsible for this high group average was killing me.

These grades shattered my perception that I did good work in the group. While I was in the meeting, slowly disappointment took over my mind, and I phased out.
Today was the first time, I felt low during my tenure here at IE. Lesson Learned, my mind was saying and yet it was not convinced.

Ultimately, I decided to just drink it all in and forget all about this group grade. My mind needed a break. Soon, I will be going out again and start the drinking spree.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment