Friday, February 14, 2014

It's time to Suit Up, it's time to Shoot :-)

Today, I was at the Iberian Private Equity Conference, held at the Hotel Intercontinental Madrid. Although, it was organized by people outside IE, the Private Equity club of IE students was helping them in all the proceedings, from helping people with their name tags, to running the individual panels, to helping people with any information they need, and so on.
So, where do I come into picture?

Well, this club has some members from my section, and around four days ago, they asked me if I can take pictures of this full-day event. In return I would get a free entry to the event and a chance to listen to prominent speakers from the PE arena, and may be network with them :-)

Well, this was the second freelance photography invite I was getting - first one was the pre-engagement shoot for Aikee and Zeus in Singapore; and this I consider as the second official event. In between I did take pictures of parties and birthdays and stuff, but that was more because the folks involved were friends of mine.
I could not resist saying yes.

So, today was the day. I reached the hotel at 8 AM, and then up until 7 PM in the night, took almost 700 odd shots of the event. And that is considering that I was out for my technology class between noon until 3 PM.

About the conference, I think it was great to hear different panels, although I could afford to sit for only 20 minutes per panel, that went on for an hour. Good thing is I could sit for all 3 panels that were going on simultaneously, to take pictures of each :-)

Lot of big shots - CEOs, MDs, Partners of many PE firms from across the Europe had come down to Madrid for this event, and just being a part of the organizing team - although added at last minute, and only for taking pictures, felt like a privilege.

But then, by 7:30 PM when I reached home, I was really very tired and so, after having a quick bite and a Panadol, just went to sleep.

Exhausting, yet exciting day - spent in a suit to shoot :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment