Thursday, February 27, 2014

Chilling out during electives?? Naah~

Well, the last of written exams for term four is done now and I have submitted the individual write-ups for Internet as a Sales channel class as well.

And now, I am working with my group for the Internet as a Sales channel presentation tomorrow. The last one.

By the way, when I tried to feel good about this double feat, I realized how small it looks in front of things that some of my friends have done today. Most of them, who have taken all electives in Finance have either four exams, or three exams and a presentation, all scheduled for today, from 9 AM in the morning, all the way up to 10:30 PM in the night.

I am not sure if they even got to read for each of these exams and whatever score and grade they get, they deserve my respect.

But then, that made me think of a deeper issue - I mean, aren't electives supposed to be flexible and relaxed and chilled out? So, why is it that while we had classes only between 9 AM to 3 PM during the core term and only one work group [for most part of it] to deal with, electives have brought along a different work group with each class and schedules that made us take classes from 8:30 AM in the morning until 10:30 PM in the night?

One reason is of course that everyone seems to have front loaded their classes in term four, and another reason is the concentration that each person has taken during the electives. For a person like me, who has taken a mix of technology, finance and strategy, there is one exam or a presentation per day for almost all days of this week. For someone, who has taken only finance classes, there are four exams all on the same day of today.

That is the price we pay for flexibility. And that is a result of our choices - because I know of people who have taken only those classes that have no final exam or only those classes that have no group work - thanks to their own version of MBA experience during the core terms - and having this week with no exam was a real possibility for all those who got stresses up with four exams in a day.

So, what am I talking about? Well, I am saying that if we are not chilled out enough in terms of schedule during the electives, it was the choice we made, and we have no complains :-)

Anyways, its just one more day and the term is going to conclude anyways :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment