Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Another First: Case Facilitation

Another of those looong days that I am having in terms of classes in recent times - first a double session of Applied Corporate Finance in the morning, then the last learning session of Applied Corporate Finance and finally, the Technology and Business Strategy class between 3 PM till 7 PM. Thankfully, my group for the technology class is going out for a dinner today, and the first class tomorrow is at 1:30 PM. So, there is some relaxation coming real soon.

So, the applied finance class of today was basically taken by one of the assistants to Antonio, and he explained a lot of basic stuff and functions in MATLAB. My problem was that in order to do the exercises for this class, I had already done my googling and my code writing in MATLAB, and basically, all my efforts over past 2-3 weeks rendered today's tutoring session redundant.

Anyways, I think a lot of people in the class were actually learning a lot of new things, and may be it was worthwhile for them to have this class.

Conchita wrapped up her course today with a discussion on the IPOs. Next session for this class will be the exam - closed book, online exam !!
I know - time flies ...

Highlight of the day - the technology and business strategy class, where we facilitated the Recorded Future case. Tried to be innovative and creative in our facilitation, by making use of a couple of videos, some music, a relevant game, involvement of twitter, and visual slides. It was fun to do the facilitation and when we were in the process, 40 minutes seemed so less for this.

Anyways, Prof. Ramiro had centered his part of the discussion on Google Predictive Markets and on Cloud Computing concepts - and our facilitation was sandwiched between his topic discussions.

I am happy with the way the whole thing went, although I realized that at certain times, I was getting so excited, I was trying to talk what one of us was already talking about. I think I need to learn and improve on this. Overall, the feeling is good about the whole thing :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment