Saturday, November 2, 2013

Happy Diwali :-)

Happy Diwali to all my readers. The biggest festival that is celebrated in India has one of its important days today, and at many places today is also the "official" start of Diwali.
I say this because, we have a couple of days prior to today as part of Diwali as well - It begins with "Vasu Baaras" - the day dedicated to Cows and Cattle, for expressing our gratitude towards them; second day is "Dhan Trayodashi" which signifies the importance of Health in our life and is dedicated to Dhanvantri - one of the ancient scholar and expert of Ayurveda - the Indian traditional medicine; the third day which is today, is the one which is celebrated all over India - it is "Narak Chaturdashi" - the day when evil demon Narakaasur was defeated as per Indian scriptures.
Tomorrow is the day of "Laxmi Poojan" when everyone worships the goddess of prosperity - Laxmi, followed by "Bali Pratipada" - the beginning of Hindu New Year and "Bhau beej / Bhai Dooj" the day when brothers and sisters express their love for each other by exchanging gifts.

While, I am here sitting and commenting on the whole structure of Diwali festival, I am also missing it all, with an only exception of the Diwali Party arranged by Akshay and his flatmates tomorrow. And to top it all, it is also my niece's birthday today.
So, a lot of things happening back home, and I am here doing my M.B.A. !!

There are always a few moments in life which make you home-sick. May be that is also a reason, why I didn't feel like doing anything today - apart from talking at home, and exchanging Happy Diwali messages on facebook and on whatsapp, and editing some photos of the trip that I took yesterday, there isn't much which I can claim that I did today :-)

Life is full of trade-offs and this is one of it. Anyways, today being an auspicious day, let me wish you all a happy Diwali and a prosperous year ahead !!

No comments:

Post a Comment