Thursday, January 2, 2014

Time travel through cabinet sweeping :-)

Well, this time around when I got some term 2 and term 3 books and reading material back home, there was already no space to keep them, thanks to the fact that all the book cabinets in my room and also the loft was all already occupied with my books from engineering, M.E. and also GATE and GMAT exams.

So it was that I started taking down all the old books - One of my classmates from Engineering, who is now teaching in the same place has already confirmed me that I can donate my books to the newly setup Civil Engineering Department library, thus bringing the old books to some good use.
That gave me some enthusiasm to go through all books and notes and reading materials of the past, to sort out things that I can donate - feeling good that I am giving back something to the institution, which made an engineer out of me. Finally, after one big travel bag was full, I was done with all the sorting.
This sweeping across cabinets and lofts also helped me get rid of lot of stuff that I had dumped in there, but was of no use anymore. This made space for my MBA study material and books.

Another interesting thing about this cleanup activity today was that while going through these old books, I found many relics - yes relics of the past: my engineering college ID card, magazine of our engineering college, a couple of photos of me and my friends and family during the days, a few letters - one from my cousin who was then around 11 years old, one from my dad in his young age written to one of his close friends, and yes lots of greeting cards of the past.
It was a journey through old memories, and I felt like I was time traveling through these cabinets as I swept them.


No comments:

Post a Comment