Friday, January 31, 2014

digging deeper in to online business

Today I had scheduled for the second session in the series of "DBMS for Entrepreneurs". So, the morning was spent in preparing for the session. In the afternoon, we had the Internet as a Sales Channel class, where Fernando took us on a tour of various SEO and SEM techniques and also introduced us to various firms and companies helping in web analytics and SEO implementations.

Learned about a few cool websites and Google products today, that can really help to get that competitive edge in the field of e-commerce.

After a good lunch, it was time for the DBMS session, where I taught the budding entrepreneurs of our intake about how to use MySQL and MS-ACCESS. Yes, today's session was about hands-on. I was especially happy because after this session ended, Danny presented me with a problem he was facing in migrating his website from Korea to Spain web hosting server, and I could provide him with a resolution.

And then in the evening, I came home for a quick one hour siesta. Right now, I just woke up and got ready for a long night ahead, which begins with the Japan Club's event 'IE Japan Cultural Night', where there is going to be Japanese food, drinks and dance performances from 9 PM until 12:30 PM.

The coincidence of the day is that I am going for a Japanese dinner on the Chinese New Year :-)

Anyways, I know that I am in for a fun night ahead, so enjoy your weekend readers and Hasta Manana :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment