Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Luxury that is Electives :-)

Well, when you have one session in the day, which starts only at noon, and then nothing to study for next day, because the case about which a discussion planned for next day is already read by you, there can't be a more relaxed mood you can be in.

That was my state of mind today - of course the day got busy in a good sense, thanks to a lunch I had planned with my friends and an IE Asia Pac cocktail that took place in the evening.

I also used some time to read a couple of case interview preparation slides.

In the applied corporate finance class, today Conchita explained the mechanism how mergers work and how acquisition work and what it means it terms of valuation techniques and steps involved. While I am currently still trying to catch up with the pace of this class, and making sure my fundamentals are strong, it was worth knowing how an acquisition is valued and actually going through a case about one.

No comments:

Post a Comment