Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Free Coffee for all :-)

Well, after a long flight of 9 hours from Mumbai to Munich, its time for another transit, only after I kill another 4 hours at Munich airport of course !!

While I usually prefer flights with transit times around 2 hours, in a way I am ok with transit of 3 to 4 hours for traveling to Madrid. The biggest advantage of this is that while transiting in Europe, we need to go through the immigration, passport control, customs and security check at the transit location. This is because after this beyond we are officially traveling with EU and hence there has to be no passport control.

A little longer transit time helped me ensure that I get through all these formalities well within the time, and without any rush, despite a long queue at each junction.

Finally as I was walking towards my gate, which turned out to be at extreme end of the section, I observed that each combination of 2 gates has a coffee kiosk. When I reached at my gate, I found out that it has different varieties of coffee, and all of them offered through vending machine for free :-)
courtesy of Lufthansa of course, but this is the first airport where I have seen such a thing. Immediately got connected to airport wi-fi and updated this on my FB :-)

Reached Madrid at 12:30 PM after a journey of 25 hours. Went home and cooked some food to enjoy a late lunch with my gang here and after paying my phone bill, had a good late siesta till 11 PM. Woke up only to eat something and slept back after writing this post.

While the free coffee made my day, I now look forward to tomorrow, when the school reopens :-D



No comments:

Post a Comment