Friday, April 4, 2014

The IE Doctorial Consortium 2014

Today, I had no classes and so I had decided to join Prof Alvaro and Manan in the IE Doctorial Consortium, where Manan presented our research work [as part of my fellowship] to the panel we were included in.
And this panel was about Risk Management. What I liked the most about this panel was that even though all four research works, three from IE and one from Universidad Carlos III were based on the theme of Risk management, they were all so different and unique with respect to each other. The first one was in field of Risk Hedging in Commodities Market using Financial and Operational metrics, the second one was ours i.e. risk management of crowd funding platforms using CORAS methodology, the third one was Risk management for near-miss events, and was based on behavioral and decision theory research and the last one was CEO-risk taking analysis for family firms.

I think you got the vibe by now. It was an exciting two hours, with each topic being presented for twenty minutes followed by a QnA for 10 minutes. Got some good feedback and some guidance for future work during our presentation and I am happy about it - this feedback is going to help us improve.

Although the event was all day long, instead of sitting in more presentations and discussions, I headed back to MM31 to complete the final essays and assignments that I have for various classes. Got really tired at around 10:30 - luckily, I had picked up some food from the newly opened Lunch&Dinner outlet across the street - so after going home, all that I had to do microwave the food and eat it before writing this post and falling asleep :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment