Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Hanuman Jayanti Wishes to all

back home, in our courtyard, we have a small temple of lord Hanuman and today, we are celebrating 25th year of Hanuman Jayanti in this temple - Hanuman Jayanti is the birthday of this Hindu god - I was on fast since yesterday like every year, and after completing some tasks in one of the government offices here, had a sumptuous Indian lunch in late afternoon.

By the way, no matter how much fun people make of the speed of work in offices here and the ahora and the siesta phrases used here, my personal experience today was too good. I needed some document and despite me not fluent in Spanish, I got all the help, right in time, to get this document. In fact, while I was speaking in English, and they were speaking in Spanish, people were friendly enough to complete all the procedures based on all the paperwork I provided, and give me the documents in two days. I have become a fan of the government system here - yes, it is not as automated as in Singapore, and not equally customer-friendly as in Tokyo, but it is something - it is in a state where Indian red tape of government offices can target themselves to be, in a few years time.

Anyways, went to MM13 this afternoon to scan these documents, met some familiar faces there, and have made a half day trip plan for tomorrow. Lets see how it goes !!

For today, Hanuman Jayanti wishes to all. May lord Hanuman bless everyone with strength, courage and happiness in life :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment