Saturday, April 12, 2014

setup time

What do you do when you know that you are just done with a major assignment? you start looking for a new one - or if you have already got one, you start working on it - but then, in between these two, just like any production line, you need to have what we call in operations management as a "setup time" - to get rid of things that are no longer relevant, to bring in things that you will need for the next job and to align for the next level of work.

That is exactly what I spent my day today in doing - from the stuff in my room, kitchen and living room, to the material on my computer, to my thought process, it was a setup time for all - to eventually transform from the MBA learning mode to the next level - for an assignment that I have in mind, and that I will be working on in these few days, and for post-MBA job search.

And while I woke up only at noon, by the time I was done with all of this, it was already 8:30 PM. A busy day, when I didn't even realize how time went by :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment