Monday, October 7, 2013

Another term concludes ..

With the Technology and Innovation exam today, another term concluded here at IE. I also wrapped up the technology blog some time back to officially be done with all the work for term two.

Exam today was very similar to the mid-term, where we had to answer two of four short answers and six of eight multiple choice questions. I think I like this flexibility, as it ensures that we submit answers for the topics we know best, and this improves chances of everyone putting their best in the exam. Of course, the curve will form itself anyways :-)

Today is also the day when Career fair began. After having a siesta in afternoon, I reached to the venue at around 4 PM. It was a decent crowd of students all dressed up to impress and that included me as well ;-)

Anyways, of those companies I was interested in and had done some research, two turned out to be hiring for Spain - so needed working visa for Spain, two had international openings and the representatives told me to apply online - and there were two which I was most curious about - where I could not only talk about various aspects of the company and positions available, but also succeeded in exchanging contacts and handing over my CV. Not bad, I would say.

Key take-away from day one of career fair - when a company is hiring for Spain - you need to have a valid work visa for Spain - language is not a rigid constraint, as the hiring managers know that we can and will pick it up in next few months - if we really want to work here in Spain :-)

Anyways, had a group dinner with lots of variety of Egyptian style fish recipes at Yehia's place. I supplemented the dinner menu with chicken curry I made, Chris got her specialty Brazilian Desserts and Jon n Sara came with the best Chocolate cake in Madrid. Sophie got wine and beer to complete the menu - overall a fun filled last night of term two spent merrily with my term two group :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment