Sunday, October 20, 2013

A2 goes Karting :-)

Started the day early today, so that I could complete the readings for 'Business Government and Society' class. And if you think that name of this class is long, you should see the reading for the class tomorrow - it's 60 pages :-)

Anyways, today me and many other people from my section are going for Karting at the Carlos Sainz center. Jacobo, who is a native from Madrid, initiated and planned the whole thing and as the place was a little far from city center, I started at 3:30 PM to reach there. Turned out that Google Map was not accurate in terms of the total time and we reached the place within 40 minutes. So, I spent some time taking pictures of the place before our karting began at 5 PM.

It was real fun with all of us taking three rounds of 10 minutes each. To say it upfront, I was the one who came in last in all rounds. But, I was not really targeting to race anyone and am really happy with the fact that with each new race, I met my targets and from initial time of 43 seconds per lap, I was down to 37 seconds per lap towards the end.

This was the first time I went for karting and I enjoyed the whole experience very much. Thinking of dropping by some more times while I am here in Madrid, so that I can train myself further :-D

After karting a few of us crashed a dinner planned by Nadjya and Ilya with their guests in Sol. Enjoyed the drinks and dinner with this group till mid-night and came home to rest before the new week begins. A fun day, this Sunday was :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment