Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Multiplier effect :-)

Well, I did tell you that we closed the gates of MM31 last night. But whats interesting is that I kept on working on our opportunity report, even after coming home and the whole thing was ready only after 5 AM. By the time, I slept [well I know that slept is a wrong word, but anyways] it was already 5:30 in the morning and I could actually hear my flatmates waking up and getting ready :-)

Tried to have a nap until 7:30 and then rushed to school for economics class. The amount of information that we receive in one economics class is just so much, that we really cannot afford to miss any of them.
Let me tell you this, it was worth it, attending the class today, and highlight for today's session was the multiplier effect that our prof explained with respect to the usual economics variables and equation. I mean I knew the Ripples Effect, the Butterfly effect, as people  like to call it, but getting to know about it in a mathematical form, made the whole concept suddenly become so REAL.

Next was a break and we had to go back to our places to suit up for the EM pitch. I did come back, but blame it on my reduced efficiency caused by lack of sleep, I just could not make it back to the class before noon. The meaning was clear - For the first time, I had to miss the accounting class, as the doors were shut when clock hit 12.

When Garen saw me outside the class all suited up, he said in his usual humor style "Is it Halloween already?". Well, after that long night we had, and considering we were all zombies without much sleep, I didn't even think before replying "Yes" with a smile :-)

Anyways, the best part of it all - I know that we nailed the presentation today. Decision to leverage on team's strengths and let Yehia speak alone for the group, the video which I found and edited to introduce the need for our app, that helped us deliver a personalized experience to the audience, our purposeful use of tools used in class, and of the concept 'sell yesterday' with a customer already on-board, the fact that we already had an App ready and the message we were sending that we are making this into a real thing - I guess all of it did a great job for us. It was like we were delivering a multiplier effect [meaning not related to the one above] of all our efforts and ideas to the class today.
Moreover, Rachida appreciated the presentation skills and efforts put by each team into the presentations.

Well, let me just say this - All that effort put over the last few days now seems worth it.

And yes, concluded my day at the school pretty early today, after I finished my meeting related to the fellowship work, reached home by 6:30 PM and had a nice 3 hour siesta before waking up for doing readings for tomorrow and writing this blog :-)

Lets see how this night unfolds here after ...


No comments:

Post a Comment